It’s another rainy weekend in Vancouver and our plan to go visit Stanley Park and rent bikes didn’t seem very attractive. While browsing through ravelry I read something about an annual ‘belated boxing day sale’ at three bags full in Vancouver. Up to 50% of yarn – who would say no to spending a saturday morning in a yarn store?
I didn’t take more than ‘there’s a sale at one of the yarn shops…’ to convince my friend Katja to accompany me 🙂 Neither of us expected to have to wait outside for about 90 minutes although we were there 10 minutes before the shop opened. Waiting in the rain for what felt like hours was definitely worth it because they had the most gorgeous yarns you can imagine and a huge variety of colors!!
Here’s the wooly goodness I purchased:
– 2 skeins of Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in brown (8020) for the owls pullover
– 1 skein of Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in raspberry (0508) for a cowl
– 1 skein of Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in beige (8016) for the cinder scarf
– 3 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in purple (62171) for the Stockholm Scarf
– 1 skein of Aslan Trends Royal Alpaca in plum (6410)
– 1 skein of Cascade Yarns 220 Wool in red (2401) for another Habitat hat.
I’m looking forward to another rainy day tomorrow which gives me a good excuse to spend the entire day knitting. If only I didn’t have tons of readings to do for school…