Uncategorized

52 Knits // Mr Fox

June 22, 2012

MBP_9497

Needles: 5.5mm circular needles, 6mm DPNs
Modifications: attached the legs to the left of the tail, shortened the legs. somewhat.
Note: Now, before I rant about the awful construction of the fox I have to say that I LOVE it. I haven’t really taken the fox scarf/stole off since I finished knitting it yesterday; it’s a super cute accessory, I got lots of compliments for it already and it was sooo windy today, I was glad I had something warm around my neck 🙂

Now to tell the truth, I was pretty disappointed by the pattern; the result is cute, but assembling the fox wasn’t much fun and it’s simply knitted back & forth, thus the wrong side looks awful, the body, tail and legs curl like crazy and the tail always turns around to the ‘wrong side’ (as seen in the picture below). The head turned out really cute(although you can see the stuffing, but I got used to it pretty quickly) but a pattern like this isn’t worth the $$$.

This was the first tiny owl knits pattern I’ve tried, but a friend told me that the other patterns are better. I might try a different pattern in the future(maybe this hat or these mitts?) but for now I’m craving a well-written, easy-to-follow Jared Flood pattern. Hah.

ps: pardon the amount of pictures, I just couldn’t help it!!

MrFoxAndI
MBP_9510
MBP_9526
MBP_9576

FIFTYTWOOOOThis is project #15 of 52

As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.

See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1112 13 and 14

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply alex June 22, 2012 at 16:43

What a cute fox!

• Reply Ester Durães June 23, 2012 at 10:41

wow you're super talented! the fox looks great, I specially like the photo with the cat ;D

• Reply froggeddesigns June 23, 2012 at 18:18

thank you, Ester! My cats seem to love the fox – I found them all snuggled up in my bed yesterday 🙂

• Reply Amanda June 23, 2012 at 16:17

That is so wonderful! I really love that idea of a fox scarf/stole. So cute!

• Reply froggeddesigns June 23, 2012 at 18:19

I couldn't resist knitting it when I saw the pattern online. I'm dreaming of a matching cat scarf… haha.

• Reply Michelle Clement June 24, 2012 at 04:37

Ohmygosh, he's so cute!! 🙂

• Reply Esther June 25, 2012 at 11:04

Oh my that is the cutest fox I ever did see!! You are wonderfully talented!

So I tried to send you a package but could not communicate with the people at the post office. They don't speak ANY english. Letters are easy to send but packages are a different story. They ask lots of questions. Anyways I will send it when I spend time with some friends of mine who speak English in mid July. They will translate for me. I just want to be sure to send it before I leave Europe because the international shipping is ridiculous… Hopefully this week I can send you a letter!

xo
    -esther

• Reply Maria July 13, 2012 at 18:02

Hallo Marie!! Schön, dass dir mein Blog gefällt!! Ich muss sagen, ich finds hier bei dir auch ganz toll!! Was für ein süßer Fuchs!! Und die Katze ich ja auch toll!! hihi
    Liebe Grüße