Uncategorized

A day with a cat.

October 18, 2012

MBP_2612

Lina has done a great job adjusting to her new home. She claimed my chair and has spent hours sleeping and playing on it. And of course leaving a trace of her soft, fluffy fur. Which makes me daydream of a sweater out of that soft, gorgeous fiber… maybe the electric trimmer her former family gave me was a sign…?

MBP_2600

MBP_2589

MBP_2614

MBP_2646

Oh have I mentioned that she shows interest in my knitting? She loves playing with yarn balls. Luckily so far only the ones I allow her to play with. Funny anecdote: I gave her some acrylic yarn that was leftover from our yarn bombing a couple weeks ago but she didn’t show any interest in it. Try the same thing with a ball of wonderfully soft and colorful Noro silk garden yarn and you have your cat chasing after it for half an hour. She certainly knows what good quality fibers are and has an excellent taste in yarn 😉

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply Pumpkin October 19, 2012 at 01:24

Oh my, such a gorgeous kitty! Her eyes are such a striking color too. I'm sure that she loves her new home and you two will be best friends before you know it. She actually reminds me of my kitty, I just hope for your sake that she doesn't have a strong aversion to the hair brush like mine does. Also, I absolutely love your blog layout, it is so lively!

• Reply froggeddesigns October 21, 2012 at 18:44

She seems to be on good terms with the brush, luckily! But her hair is rather thin and doesn't need much combing… yet?! I checked your blog and you Mattie might indeed be Lina's twin. She looks so fluffy and cute, I was tempted to pet my laptop for a second 😉

• Reply Meghan October 19, 2012 at 06:02

hahaha a knitting snob cat! she sounds like my kinda kitty.

• Reply Julie Rose October 19, 2012 at 17:43

Aw, I'm happy to see Lina is going well! What a pretty kitty. She's so fluffy! The photo of her yawning is precious. Bucky and Cocoa, my two Siamese kitties, say hello!

• Reply Jessi October 21, 2012 at 09:26

How cute! I can't wait to move in with my boyfriend next year and have my very own kitty 🙂

• Reply froggeddesigns October 21, 2012 at 18:40

Yay for moving in with your boyfriend! And getting a kitty is the best decision you'll ever make. I've never regretted it… not even for a second! 🙂