Uncategorized

52 Knits // Mousyphant

October 20, 2012

MBP_2675

Yarn Used: scrap yarns
Needles: 4mm DPNs
Modifications: elongated the trunk and braided a very long tail for the cat to play with.
Note: This was supposed to be a quick in-between knit because my cat Lina doesn’t seem interested in any of her current toys so I thought I’d give her something new to play with. My ‘elephant’ has the body and tail of a mouse – so it’s a mousyphant 🙂
It was a quick knit (knitting time was about an hour while catching up on Grey’s Anatomy, but figuring out how to sew the ears together took me about half an hour. I finally gave up and forced politely asked my mom to take care of them.) so I got carried away when I knitted the body and trunk. They turned out  too long but Lina likes the mousyphant anyway.

MBP_2679

MBP_2685

MBP_2701

FIFTYTWOOOOThis is project #19 of 52

As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.

See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1112 1314, 151617 and 18

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply Pumpkin October 20, 2012 at 22:20

I had to do a double-take yet again because your kitty looks so much like mine! Hopefully she will love that toy, but knowing most cats she will prefer a paper bag. But it is very cute to us humans! Also I thought Gray's was over?

• Reply froggeddesigns October 21, 2012 at 18:37

Indeed, she does prefer paper bags, yarn and washi tape. But I got her to play with the mousyphant once or twice 🙂 And it was fun to knit, so I definitely recommend making one 😉
      The new season started a couple weeks ago… it's pretty weird since they're spread across the country but it's still nice to spend an evening in bed watching Gray's 🙂

• Reply ...:M e d h a:... October 21, 2012 at 01:40

Aw, so cute! I've never knit or croheted a toy for my (very chewy) little dog..tempted now. Although he will probably dismember it in two seconds!

• Reply froggeddesigns October 21, 2012 at 18:38

haha, I guess it depends on the size of your dog? My cat can get quite destructive when playing but so far the mousyphant survived 🙂

• Reply Julie Rose October 21, 2012 at 13:24

This is so adorable! I haven't tried making any cat toys for my little guys yet (they're currently obsessed with hair elastics, of all things) but they miiiiiiight need a catnip mousyphant just so I have an excuse to make one!

• Reply froggeddesigns October 21, 2012 at 18:39

Definitely, it's so much fun to make, you get to use up some of your scrap yarns and your cats will love it! 🙂