Uncategorized

wiwo wednesday vol. 12

October 1, 2014

MBP_3865
Confession time: I’ve only knit a couple of stitches this past week. Shocking, right?
I’ve knit a few more rows of the second sleeve of the ravello sweater. And that’s it. No casting on new projects, no finishing those socks that I could’ve finished weeks ago if I had any motivation whatsoever.
But I wasn’t lazy, I just had other priorities this week. Like assembling cabinets for our newly remodeled bathroom and decorating it. And cleaning and decluttering the apartment. I have an exam coming up in two weeks (oh the joys of being a student… not.) and I wanted to focus on studying instead of fussing about the messy state of our apartment. Plus it feels great to start a new term(October 20th here in Germany) with a clean and organized home.
MBP_3863
This might not count as something I’m working on (hence not wiwo-able?) but since it’s my blog I make the rules and I decided that reading seven giant books is something ‘I’m working on’.
I finally started reading the Harry Potter books. People usually don’t believe me when I tell them I haven’t read them all. I read 1-3 as a kid but didn’t get through book four. I watched some of the movies but don’t even remember which ones I have watched and which ones I haven’t. Since some of my best friends are crazy about HP I promised to read the books. I got through books 1-3 rather quickly(it took me two weeks altogether). Now only 4-7 are left on my nightstand. It’s a rather intimidating tower but I’m hoping to finish them by the end of November. So a lot of time that i used to spend watching movies and knitting are now spent reading. And – gasp – I’m not great at knitting and reading at the same time. Though it’s a skill I’m determined to work on…
MBP_3823
ps: A blog post containing only two photos didn’t feel right so here’s a picture of Lina playing with her new favorite toy: a simple pompom. It doesn’t take much to make her happy 🙂

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply Sam October 2, 2014 at 00:49

YOU'RE READING HARRY POTTER!!! HURRAYYYYYYY

i'm very excited about this.
    i hope you love them.
    i'm not nearly as harry potter obsessed as many people, but it's true… if i hear someone say that they read a few of the books (say, the first 4, since the 4th is my favorite) and then they stopped reading because they got bored/didn't like it/whatever…. i immediately start to question my respect for that individual.

No pressure or anything 😉 that's a GIANT stack of books so take as long as you need!

• Reply froggeddesigns October 2, 2014 at 19:34

Haha I guess I'm lucky we didn't discuss HP before otherwise we might not be friends 😉
      But no worries, I started the 4th yesterday evening and couldn't put it down till 3am… So far I liked the 3rd best but that might change once I read them all.

• Reply Tahnee October 2, 2014 at 06:22

This post really made me feel like re-reading Harry Potter! It is a bit hard to believe you never read them, but if you like them you will fly through that pile of books in no time. I started reading them in high school and tend to read all of them again every couple of years, especially when autumn is starting, like now.
    And good luck with the start of your new term!

• Reply Lisa-24-7 October 2, 2014 at 13:30

Harry Potter is an aquired taste. It took me a while to get into them too, but once you're in, you're stuck. They are really good and I know you won't have any trouble finishing them up. As for Lina, well she seems to be pretty happy right now too 😉

• Reply Kaiya October 2, 2014 at 19:22

You're so close to finishing that Ravello sleeve!

I finally resolved my knitting/reading dilemma by getting audiobooks. But I do miss reading the printed word on the page, and sometimes a bad voice-actor can spoil a book… I need to get a bookstand that will keep the pages open, and figure out how to knit without looking!

• Reply froggeddesigns October 2, 2014 at 19:42

I like the idea of audiobooks but I'm rather picky with voices; the only audiobook I really liked was 1984 by Orwell. But it sounds like a good alternative to watching tv series 😉 Let me know if you find a good bookstand – preferably one that turns the pages so you don't have to stop knitting every couple of minutes 😀